Here are my reflections on the process of creating this electronic portfolio. In reality, this is the seventeenth tool I have
used to publish my e-portfolio on the Web.
I spent an evening going through my web pages and my hard drive (my digital archive) to select the specific artifacts
that I wanted to use in my portfolio. I set up an Excel spreadsheet that let me list the artifacts (21 in all) and then create
hyperlinks to each URL.
Portfolio at a glance-Excel
After creating the list with the URLs, I added comments in Excel to represent the captions for each artifact. I played around
with converting the document into HTML, but spent too much time fighting the Microsoft style sheet codes. So I just converted
the document into PDF, which I will use on the WWW. I uploaded the Excel spreadsheet to this portfolio as a document, but
I might prefer using the PDF.
Portfolio at a Glance - PDF
After selecting the artifacts, I tried to identify which competencies or skills each artifact demonstrates. I found five or
six major categories right now, maybe more when I think about it. But the major categories have emerged. Now, all I have to
do it create a collection for each grouping, and write an overall reflection plus record the captions. Since I had all of
the artifacts on one of my websites, all I had to do was capture the URL. Below is the scanned version of the page where I
classified the artifacts.